Re: backup files location?

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:43:34 +0200

On 29/03/2012 00:33, Ram Raman wrote:
> I tried Dimitre's suggestion and got this:
> *
>
> RMAN> backup recovery area;
>
> Starting backup at 28-MAR-12
>
> specification does not match any archive log in the recovery catalog
>
> specification does not match any datafile copy in the repository
>
> *

[...]
Hi Ram,
please check Backup Recovery Area Does Not Find Any Files - Yet Files Do Exist in FRA [ID 432982.1].

Sorry, you need an sbt device in order to backup the recovery area/files, something like this:

RMAN> configure default device type to sbt;

new RMAN configuration parameters:
CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO 'SBT_TAPE'; new RMAN configuration parameters are successfully stored

RMAN> backup recovery area;

Starting backup at 29-MAR-12
using channel ORA_SBT_TAPE_1
specification does not match any datafile copy in the repository channel ORA_SBT_TAPE_1: starting archive log backupset channel ORA_SBT_TAPE_1: specifying archive log(s) in backup set input archive log thread=1 sequence=1 recid=112200 stamp=778332007 [...]

Regards
Dimitre