Re: backup files location?

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:26:36 +0200

On 27/03/2012 00:53, Ram Raman wrote:
> v10.2. We have a dev db whose backups have been failing with message that
> db_recovery_file_dest_size is full. Our location in FLASH group in ASM.
> Upon looking into the FLASH diskgroup I see that there are only 2 files
> taking about 670Mb:

[...]

Hi Ram,
there are some bugs with somehow *similar* symptoms (see ID 4911954.8, bug 4911954 - they talk about different values between v$recovery_file_dest (here the values are incorrect) and v$flash_recovery_area_usage).

I would try to backup the recovery area (rman> backup recovery area;) to check what rman is *trying* to back up.

You could also check Space Usage Figures in V$flash_recovery_area_usage Misleading When FRA Location is Changed [ID 460145.1] if you've changed the fra location.

Let us know if you find what's happening.

Regards
Dimitre