Inbound connection timed out related to free buffer waits?

From: GG <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:15:48 +0100

Hi,
  I've observed a couple of 'Inbound connection timed out (ORA-3136)' during instance was suffering from 'free buffer waits' . Thats because our RAID5 configured storage can handle like 100MB/s write bandwidth tops and we are doing heavy imports and FTS in the same time (warehouse type load).
But still not obvious reason why I'm observing ORA-3136 during that period . CPU load is like 25-40% shared pool is in good condition , I was trying to figure out how
new session can hang during authentication phase because of 'free buffer waits' and only conslusion was, maybe aud$ related blocks was not able to' reach' db cache and take inserts session logon related.
Looks promising but audit is on OS level not in DB aud$ table :), besides default timeout is 60sec in 10.2.0.3 so hard to believe that 60s is not enought for doing that.

So, any other reasons for ORA-3136 I should consider ? Regards
GregG