Re: Re: HCC in Pillar Storage

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:56:15 +0000

I wouldn't do that :)
But if any of the datafiles in a tablespace are outside HCC-supported storage, then the entire tablespace will become not supported for HCC (nor smart scanning).

So watch out before adding NFS-based datafiles into your existing storage cell based tablespaces, you will suddenly start getting these errors when trying to access any HCC compressed data:

*ORA-64307: hybrid columnar compression is not supported for tablespaces on this storage type*

... and the smart scans are disabled for the entire tablespace.

Starting from 11g, you can actually drop individual datafiles of a tablespace (if they are empty), so once you drop the non-compatible file, everything will be back to normal.

--
*Tanel Poder*
Enkitec Europe