Re: Performance - quick question

From: mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:15:43 +0100

Niall,
When I use AWR report with Tyler Muth 's tool, I see about 5.3 as Total IOPS when I use the script below from Alejandro Vargas's blog, it says there are 55.1697642 as PHYS_IOPS_TOT.

Which one is correct? Any idea please?

http://blogs.oracle.com/AlejandroVargas/entry/check_io_scripts

*spool io_maxtot_summary.log*

*select min(begin_time), max(end_time),
sum(case metric_name when 'Physical Read Total Bytes Per Sec' then maxval end)/1024/1024 +
sum(case metric_name when 'Physical Write Total Bytes Per Sec' then maxval end)/1024/1024 +
sum(case metric_name when 'Redo Generated Per Sec' then maxval end)/1024/1024 Phys_IO_Tot_MBps,
sum(case metric_name when 'Physical Read Total IO Requests Per Sec' then maxval end) +
sum(case metric_name when 'Physical Write Total IO Requests Per Sec' then maxval end) +
sum(case metric_name when 'Redo Writes Per Sec' then maxval end) Phys_IOPS_Tot,
sum(case metric_name when 'Current OS Load' then maxval end) OS_LOad, sum(case metric_name when 'CPU Usage Per Sec' then maxval end) DB_CPU_Usage_per_sec,
sum(case metric_name when 'Host CPU Utilization (%)' then maxval end) Host_CPU_util, --NOTE 100% = 1 loaded RAC node sum(case metric_name when 'Network Traffic Volume Per Sec' then maxval end) Network_bytes_per_sec,
snap_id

from dba_hist_sysmetric_summary
group by snap_id
order by snap_id;*