RE: netapp and asm

From: Steiner, Randy <Randy.Steiner_at_nyct.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:13:31 -0500

Here is the link for the best practice guide http://media.netapp.com/documents/tr-3633.pdf

I will be using either rhel 6 or oracle linux 6. And as of now I was planning on using iscsi.

Randy

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Steiner, Randy Sent: maandag 28 november 2011 18:37
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: netapp and asm

Hi,

I am migrating a 10g data warehouse to new blade servers with netapp storage. The netapp best practice guide suggests using asm for only the cluster files, but Oracle says I should be using asm for datafiles and log files. Is anyone using NetApp with or without asm that could offer a suggestion?

Thanks

Randy

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 28 2011 - 13:13:31 CST

Original text of this message