Re: naming conventions (constraints and indexes)

From: Thomas Day <tomdaytwo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 16:31:08 -0500

I would say that having a consistent naming convention that the developers buy in to is essential. It's important for your ability to debug problems. On the other hand, if you use TOAD exclusively it might not be so much of an issue.
I don't think that there's a best naming convention. If you make it too complex the developers will complain about all the typing that they have to do. Also, Oracle is limited in the length of it's object names. But when you have a naming convention, make sure that it is applied.