RE: 11gr2 sql issue

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 00:29:14 -0500

I tend to agree with Greg's lack of clarity.

Is that event interesting to you because you're wondering if underestimating the cost of repeatedly sucking data through a straw across a dblink is a common plan regression from 11.1.0.7 to 11.2?

If that is indeed common, I could see it being interesting if there is also a consistent way to eliminate the plan regression for some class of queries. That might help Oracle figure out a fix, or help you preemptively fix the similar queries en masse instead of waiting for them to be a problem one at a time (some probably cruising below the radar but burning more resources than previously.)

Or something else I'm missing?