RE: Oracle support for RHEL 6

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:01:12 +0200

Hi,

Oracle database is (at the moment) also not supported for OEL 6. That of course does not mean it can't be done: http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/OracleDB11gR2InstallationOnOracleLinux6.php

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer
---

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of DBA Deepak Sent: dinsdag 26 april 2011 19:18
To: Oracle-L
Subject: Oracle support for RHEL 6

Hi Experts,

Need your valuable inputs on the following.

RHEL 6 has been released few months back. As of today Oracle database is not supported on RHEL 6. But it is supported on OEL 6 (which I feel is a customized version of RHEL 6, may be I am completely wrong).

We are planning to use RHEL 6 for application server (for some reason) and as per our architecture the database and the application server should reside on the same OS platform/server.

Hence will it be a prudent idea to install Oracle database on RHEL 6 in a production environment. I know many experts would say NO, but would like to know from your experiences whether people do sometimes go for similar setups where database is not supported on the exact OS platform.

Looking forward to all your valuable comments.

--

Regards,

Deepak
Oracle DBA