RE: catupgrd run time, 11gr2

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:04:35 +0100

Andrew,

Looks like you might be running the database on UltraSparc T1, T2 or T3 kind of processors. They are notoriously slow for databases.

Regards,
Vishal Gupta
http://www.vishalgupta.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Andrew Kerber Sent: Tue 26/04/2011 15:36
To: ORACLE-L????
Subject: catupgrd run time, 11gr2

I am preparing for our upgrade from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.2. However, the catupgrd is running ~ 3.5 hours. It doesnt appear to stop on anything in particular, so I am dubious about getting it to go faster. However, I thought I would ask, does 3.5 hours seem like a reasonable run time? Its a sun sparc system, 64 bit with 32 cpus and 128G RAM. Does anyone have any good methods for tuning the process?

--
Andrew W. Kerber