Re: optimizer parameters

From: ed lewis <eglewis71_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 06:05:06 -0400

Hi Dave,

    Yes, I can trace the query in both environments, and compare the results.

    I also doubt that the vendor will push to get these parameters implemented, knowing that they will be accountable. In the meantime, I plan to go forward, and handle each sql query on an individual basis.

    I'm still curious though, if anyone has modified, and implemented these parameters. If you were installing a new application, would modifying these parameters be a general practice, even if it was not a vendor recommendation ?

    thanks

        ed

  • Original Message ----- From: "David Mann" <dmann99_at_gmail.com> To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 11:06 AM Subject: Re: optimizer parameters