RE: curious: v$database.log_type

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:35:06 +0200

You mean log_mode ?

I know that in pre 10 releases that you had the log_archive_start parameter, which indicates if full online redo logs had to be archived automatically or not. If this parameter was set to false, you had to manually archive the full online redo logs.

This parameter became deprecated in 10.1, but you can still see it when executing "archive log , list", which contains the line "Automatic archival"

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96536/ch198.htm#REFRN10092 http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10763/changes.htm#i627214

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime