Re: Cloning from physical standby

From: David Pintor <painterman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:16:55 +0000

Thanks again.

It was straight forward enough. As you asked, these are the steps i followed:

  • Shutdown test db
  • Stop applying logs on UPAY:

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE CANCEL;

  • Check that the database is consistent by opening it on read-only mode.

alter database open readonly;

  • Put the database back in the way it was.

shutdown immediate;
startup nomount
alter database mount standby database ;

  • Copy the files from standby to test environment
  • Reactivate the standby:

alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

  • Recreate control files in test and open the db...! And that's it!

Regards,

David