Re: Strange session blocking issue

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:06:34 -0800 (PST)

I have experienced this issue quite often

Queries on v$sql_bind_capture will acquire a library cache latch and will block
other sessions which require it to do a parse.

The situation is a lot worse when you have sql statements with 1000s of child
cursors

So you should lock down access to these views. i.e your colleague should not
access them...

Access to v$sqlstats can perhaps be given since it is a latchless view

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
M: +61 402 792 405