RE: Device mapper multipathing

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:45:09 +0100

Hi,

Can you post the contents of your /etc/multipath.conf file or the output of multipath -ll Possibly this is just a configuration setting.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer
---

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zhu,Chao Sent: dinsdag 11 januari 2011 6:59
To: Luca.Canali_at_cern.ch
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Device mapper multipathing

not sure if anyone else has updated this thread since it was posted; We ran into issue of delayed path failover (when one path dies/disabled, all IO hang for 30sec-2 min); it wasn't that optimal to have that time IO totally freezed;

We were using redhat 5.4 and also tried oracle enterprise kernel;

Would be great to hear more inputs;

Thx

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 7:08 PM, Luca Canali <Luca.Canali_at_cern.ch> wrote: Hi,

Is anybody who has used device mapper for Linux willing to share their experience?

I have been using Qlogic multipathing so far with the qla2300_conf module on RHEL3. No problem with it, but I am moving to RHEL4 and the needed qla2xxx_conf module is missing from their rmps distribution. So instead I have done a few tests with device mapper multipathing, seems to work fine so far, but nothing can beat real world experience.

Thanks,
L.

Regards
Zhu Chao