Re: NO Oracle Support

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:27:47 -0500

I agree with Peter as well with the addition that Oracle has increased their customer based beyond the point that support can handle. The reason I think this is that Oracle has been (or still is) on a hiring spree because they can't keep up with demand or so I have been told (and seen elsewhere). Someone mentioned that they have gotten too big... Maybe they are not big enough to handle demand leading bad prioritization?
  • Original Message ----- From: Peter Hitchman [mailto:pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 05:47 AM To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: NO Oracle Support

Phew, what a thread!
My experience this year has been that Oracle development are moving too fast for Oracle support and too many things just do not work. As an example the mutlicast requirement of the latest 11.2 release for RAC. People were blogging about this and OSS were clearly non the wiser as to what was going on. I guess it like lots of organisations at the moment, support is not seen as an area to invest in.

Regards
Pete

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions. AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Nov 11 2010 - 07:27:47 CST

Original text of this message