Re: Physical Read Waits less than Physical Reads

From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:52:55 +0900

Hi, Charlotte.
  1. One "db file scattered read" wait would mean physical reads of several blocks, aka multi block I/O.
  2. Direct path read would also be recorded as "physical reads".

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller
http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://sites.google.com/site/otpack (tpack)