Instance name different from database name

From: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:10:14 +0100

Hi all,

does anybody know, or have consireded, any implication about having an instance name completely different from database name? I want to say, instance name maybe is D0EUNAME and database is DNAME ...

I'm using a 2 nodes cluster with 11gR2 grid infrastrucre and database. During DB creation even if I've specified an instance name database starts using db name and dbname is registered in clusterware.

In OFA I've have /admin/DNAME/ instead maybe admin/D0EUNAME

Supposing that dbname maybe equals to sid in best practices, there're documents that suggest and explain why and how avoid this?

Thanks
Stefano

--

http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu