Re: JAVA in the database

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 06:54:59 -0700 (PDT)

Be clear which JVM you are referring to.  The one "IN" the database, or the one in the Oracle Home? From support:
4) Can I independently upgrade the Java VM that gets installed in the database?

No, the Java VM is tightly integrated with the database release and cannot be upgraded.

Further details on this are discussed in:

Note 342810.1 Possible to Upgrade JDK Classes Supplied with Database Version 8i-10g?  Note 418399.1: How To Update The Default JDK and JRE Installed In Oracle Database Home 10.1 and 10.2

From: Hemant Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: JAVA in the database
To: TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:44 AM

No,  they are not tightly.  They are completely independent.  Ask the developers which installation they are using. Hemant K Chitale. Sent from a smartphone. On Nov 3, 2010 9:32 PM, <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com> wrote:

Ok so I have to plead complete ignorance here.

I have a request from developers to "update java to newer version",   I thought the JVM that is installed into the database is completely separate from what is installed on the unix server, what am I missing?  They are not tightly coupled or are they?

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead (Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 03 2010 - 08:54:59 CDT

Original text of this message