Re: does update table with identical values actually write to disk?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:57:16 -0500 (CDT)

Clay Colburn wrote:

> For those not inclined to run through the example, the answer was that it
> does not update the row, oracle intelligently skips the operation.

Can you post your example? I've tried several tests where the data is same/different, before/after commit, and multiple columns -- all unindexed -- but am unable to find a correlation in the numbers resulting from Jared's query run before and after each test.

It's probably something obvious that I'm not seeing. It *is* Monday after all...

Rich