Re: salary idea

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:29:08 -0300

As a Service Delivery DBA I take offense to that. It is my experience (with europeans) that their skills are not great, they work extremeley short hours, take vacation time every 2 months and earn about 5-10 times what I earn delivering a very good service (not me alone, of course). So, having local DBAs may feel better, but there is a very high level of skills out there and for a very low cost... specially for 24x7 active coverage.

And 10-30k sounds right for offshoring DBA services with a reasonable level of expertise.

cheers.
Alan.-