Re: Oracle APEX 3.1 printing PDFs

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:15:44 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Dan,

> I get to the part that says: "Before getting started, you will need to
> have Oracle Containers for J2EE (OC4J) up and running." and I figure I'm
> good to go since I have a EM GC instance (version 10.2.0.5) running with
> OC4J.

That would seem to be your issue. I seriously doubt that running anything but GC from your OMS home is supported nor recommended.

I'm using a separately installed 10g version (10.1.3.1) of Oracle AS on Winders (would've preferred Linux for ease). This gives me Apache to use as the webserver for APEX (which in turn gives me some NTLM authentication capability) as well as OC4J to use for Apache FOP.

I also then apparently needed to use another product to get this to autostart as a service in Winders. I chose the free JavaService program to run mine. This may not be necessary with some opmn option/config, but I'm far from an expert on Oracle's Java stuff.

HTH! GL! Rich