Re: Multiple SQL version count with cusror_sharing=similar

From: Neeraj Bhatia <neeraj.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:26:42 +0530

 Hi,

First of all thanks a lot Cheng for the clue.

I just turned-off dynamic sampling and it behaved as expected. Means, 1 version_count in case of similar and exact cursor_sharing setting.

  1. But, even in case of dynamic sampling, table data is not skewed and histogram is of no use in this case. Thi can be checked even from plan_hash_value of child cursors. Execution plan is same. Then why Oracle is creating multiple child.
  2. Disabling the bind value peeking, resulting in three parent cursors. I didn't know any reason for that.
    • Neeraj

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jun 30 2009 - 23:56:42 CDT

Original text of this message