RE: Metalink response time - Using Metalink to get the right Severity code assigned to your SR...

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:08:21 -0500 (CDT)

> If you have a whole raft of developers playing solitaire at $150 an hour
> then having a development system down is a critical problem. I had that
> argument once when my SR got downgraded. I thought they were being kind of
> obtuse.
> Donald Freeman

If those developers have nothing better to do than play solitaire when the dev DB goes down, then they are sorely overpaid. At least if they're going to play, they should choose Set, which they also would have learned if they had chosen that time to read some developer blogs (Steven Feuerstein's in this case).

And unlike a Production ERP system, a downed dev DB should not keep product from getting out the door. Unless I suppose one works for a software company...

Rich