Re: database decommission checklist

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:09:05 -0400

we are de-commissioning a database, but the requirement is to keep this particular DB available in read-only status for 90 days.

Not really a problem, but in order to guarantee the DB doesn't open read/write if the host reboots, we have to edit the dbstart script such that, when it reads the oratab, it starts the other databases on the server normally. But ... when it comes to the SID for our read-only DB, it goes "STARTUP MOUNT;" Then opens the DB "READ-ONLY"

R,

Gus