question on init.ora parms

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:33:38 -0400

Scenario,

got 4 node rac on linuxm going to build 3 node rac on standby on linux,

as i look at oracle's doc (MAA, dg 11g installation on rac systems), here is the the duplicate command:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman << EOF
spool log to '/tmp/build_standby_20090616_1246.log'; connect target /;
connect auxiliary sys/password_at_standbynode duplicate target database for standby
from active database
spfile
set db_unique_name='standby'
set control_files='+TIER2DATA/standby/controlfile/control01.dbf'

set instance_number='1'
set audit_file_dest='/u02/home/oracle/11.1.0.7/rdbms/audit'
set remote_listener='LISTENER_STANDBYNODE'
nofilenamecheck;

EOF My question is on the set remote_listener line, when doing the duplicate should it point to the standby and then be changed to the primary listener(on the standby node) when its all done?

thanks, joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.