OID database upgrade to 10.2.0.4

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:51:09 -0700

As shipped, OID runs on the 10.1.0.5 version of the Oracle Database.

I am attempting to upgrade the database to 10.2.0.4 so that security patches will be available for the database for a longer period of time.

While this should be fairly straight forward, it is not.

ML Note *376689.1*, "Upgrading the Application Server 10g (10.1.2|10.1.4) Seeded Database from 10.1 to 10.2", covers the upgrade process.

Unfortunately it does not work as is.

It is also necessary to follow note *278100.1*, "How To Drop, Create And Recreate DB Control In A 10g Database", as EM controls do not get upgraded by the upgrade to 10.2.0.4

After following these instructions, there are still things that don't work.

While OID will start/stop via opmnctl, oidctl no longer works.

On the database side, iasconsole and dbconsole are inoperable.

The command to recreate the controls fails:   emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create

Has anyone here successfully upgraded on OID database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.4?

And by 'successfully', I mean that all functionality that worked on 10gR1 continues to work on 10gR2.

If so, can you share information on how it was done?

Yes, there is an SR associated with this topic already...

Jared Still