Oracle 10g installation on OUL 5

From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen_at_technologyonecorp.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:12:16 +1000

G'day All.

A collegue of mine is attempting to install an Oracle 10g R2 database on Oracle Unbreakable Linux 5. He's running into problems even trying to run the installer, which croaks over a missing X library (libXp.so.6). I did already find out that this is not an Oracle Validated Configuration, but we don't have 11g clients at this point.

Does anyone have experience installing this combination? Is there a list of packages available that need to be installed before 10gR2 can run?

Cheers,
Tony