RE: rac recovery of single datafile question

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:48:53 -0400

In the past on earlier versions of RAC we have performed recovery with both nodes and instances started. In fact since the archive log destination was not a shared directory we ran recovery using both nodes and when prompted for a redo log would enter the file name on the other instance and recovery would run there till it needed a file on the first instance again.

Given the option I would run recovery on one node with the other instances shutdown or at least restricted.

  • Mark D Powell -- Phone (313) 592-5148