question about oracle shared home install

From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:30:54 -0400

Hi All,

Scenario: I'm trying to install 9i rac on a 2 node cluster on OCFS2 OS: Oracle enterprise linux

To my understanding, OCFS2 supports shared home installs which to my knowledge is not only can i have datafile and control files but also clustermanager files and binaries (pretty much everything: no files or executables need to kept local to any nodes). I have one single shared file for $ORACLE_HOME/oracm/admin/cmcfg.ora for both the nodes.

cat cmcfg.ora
ClusterName=Oracle Cluster Manager, version 9i MissCount=620
PrivateNodeNames=sunny1prv sunny2prv
PublicNodeNames=sunny1pub sunny2pub
ServicePort=9998
CmDiskFile=/u01/oradata/orcl/cmquorumfile HostName=sunny1pub
KernelModuleName=hangcheck-timer

I started cluster manager on node1 with the value of HostName=sunny1pub Now to start the cluster manager on node2, the value of HostName should be sunny2pub. What do i do now? Do i have the cluster manager files separate or am i missing out something ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.