Re: Check Point Process

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 02:14:55 +1000

If I am not mistaken this parameter is a history nowadays. It has been obsoleted in 8i or something.
Back to the original question: Is the process is always up and does it make scene to include it in DB up check? - A - Instead of checking processes I would create a no privileges DB user and try to connect and select * from dual. - B - If you wish to check DB status via checking processes on OS level I think PMON or SMON check would be significant. If any of those goes down DB is "KAPUTT".

Yury

--
Jurijs
+371 29268222 (+2 GMT)