Exploring a new Seattle-area user group

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_bluegecko.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:06:30 -0700

As many of you know PSOUG recently suffered an unfortunate demise, leaving western Washington without a functioning local Oracle user group. Please drop me an email if you would like to join me in coalescing the community once again around a member-governed organization. Even if you can't help, let me know if you would like updates on meetings, conferences, etc. I would really like to make the annual Oracle Days conference happen again.

I have met a number of DBAs in our area currently out of work and in danger of layoff. I hope that a new user group can provide a networking, education and support structure for them, and for those just hoping to become better DBAs.

Please forward this around to fellow DBAs in your organization and in the area. Without a certain critical mass of interest, it just won't happen.

Regards,

Jeremiah Wilton