Sessions

From: Oliver Jost <Oliver.Jost_at_ca.fujitsu.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:54:21 -0400

Hi All,

   I run a RAC environment with a profile limitation of 3 sessions set. Unfortunately, RAC uses the profile on an instance basis... that is, a user can open 3 connections per instance. The application I run is going to come under some heavy fire in the coming year because we will be running a third node with a substantial growth in user base ( 6000 - 7000 concurrent users). The application is a forms/reports application. I'm trying to come up with a few options on tighter control of user sessions. I can't really play with the profile limitations because load balancing may hit the same node and refuse another session if the balancer tries to run a report off an instance that has reached the maximum allowable sessions. I'd be appreciative of any ideas you may have.

Thank you,

     Oliver

  • The information in this e-mail message including any attachment is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by replying to the message and deleting all copies of it from your computer. **