Re: freeware tool for generating ERM diagram from existing Oracle DB

From: Grant Allen <gxallen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:37:22 +1000

Sven Aluoor wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> I generated with TOAD an ER diagram. I am not happy with the result.
>
> Can you recommend me a freeware (or even better Open Source) tool for
> or generating ERM diagram from existing Oracle DB?
>
> [Please add me CC - I am not on the list]
>
> kind regards
> Sven

Hi Sven,

Lots of options (people have already mentioned Dia, Visio, etc.). Two very good ones that are free/open source, actively developed, and support multiple DBs.

Power Architect - http://www.sqlpower.ca/page/architect (and also at code.google.com)

Clay DB Modelling Plugin for Eclipse - http://www.azzurri.jp/en/clay/index.html

Both have their quirks, but are very usable.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

Dazed and confused about technology for 20 years http://fuzzydata.wordpress.com/