Re: FW: Unsubscription confirmation for 'oracle-l'

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:36:09 -0600

Dick,

> having or had problems with archive_log_dest_1 pointing to an NFS mounted
> filesystem? Our prime db this morning decided to throw a fit when creating

Yes, I have had problems with NFS mounted file systems. If you call Metalink and mention NFS, the first thing they'll tell you is to take NFS out of the mix and call them if you still have problems.

    It turns out there are configuration choices within NFS. Ask your networking people to review their choices and try again. Sorry I can't be more specific, not being a network person.

Dennis Williams