Re: Is this Needed? Dragging OT

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:46:17 +0000

Depends on the profression and the job. I have been a contractor where I was part of the team and treated just like everyone else. I have been a contractor brought in to do a specific task and left in a corner. On my current project our contractors are regular members of the team. Some of them are in leadership positions.

Varies from shop to shop and person to person. I know contractors who have kep their jobs during project cut backs and employees were let go.

Work is work is work. Just because you work as a contractor right now does not mean you will be better or worse than an employee. Its the person.

The biggest problem I have run in with contracting is when you are a contractor at a US government facility. Salaries for contractors are much higher than government bureacrats and many of them don't like it.... I don't know if that is the same in other countries.