Re: PCI compliance and shared Linux accounts

From: Henry Poras <henry_at_itasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:03:26 -0400

Greg Norris wrote:

>On 10/24/05, Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Take a look at sux <http://sourceforge.net/projects/sux/>. It's a
>>(shell script) wrapper around the su command, which preserves all the
>>necessary X authentication info from your original session. Works
>>like a charm! :)
>>

>I should've added that sux is included in a number Linux distros.
>There's a very good chance that you just need your SA to install the
>package.
>
>--
>"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.
>--
>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Thanks to everyone for the replies and sorry for the delay in responding (I was out for a couple of days). I will check out sux and see if that helps with the X-Windows issue. I guess I wasn't clear in my question, but X was only a minor part of it. What I am really interested in is whether removing the ability to log in directly to the oracle account (I will have to log in as 'henry' and sudo to oracle) will cause any difficulties, especially in a RAC environment.

Thanks again.

Henry