Re: Oracle - novell

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:12:53 -0400

On 10/24/05, LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu> wrote:
> All -
>
> I know this is an Oracle list but have to ask anyway. My Network admin has
> asked me to install a DB for the back end to Zen works. He insists that the
> DB be 9.2.0.6 on Linux. So I created the DB in 9.2.0.6 on Unix and he gets
> errors. So then I create the DB in 10.1.0.4 on Unix and he gets an error
> 'Unable to upgrade the database'. Same error each time. It seems to me
> that the Upgrade Service is trying to do something locally rather than
> upgrading my DB. He thinks it is trying to upgrade my DB.
>
> Anyone have any experience with doing this? I am not sure of the
> architecture of Zen works. My Network Admin thinks he upgraded the
> Inventory Server to 6.5.
>
> L.

10g R1 upgrade guide
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/db10g.to_pdf?pathname=server.101%2Fb10763.pdf&remark=portal+%28Books%29

10g R1 concepts guide.
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/db10g.to_pdf?pathname=server.101%2Fb10743.pdf&remark=portal+%28Books%29

10g R1 Backup Recovery Basics
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/db10g.to_pdf?pathname=server.101%2Fb10735.pdf&remark=portal+%28Books%29

I know not of an entity called "Upgrade Service". I did give "I'm Feeling Lucky!" (on a popular search engine site) a try which returned this:
(search string "oracle upgrade service database") http://www.oracle.com/global/uk/expert_services/expert%20upgrade%20-%20factory.pdf

I'm sure that their sales staff would love to hear from you. Caution: they use colours on their brochures.

Paul