RE: Death of the database

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:53:19 -0400

What's really interesting is the reaction to this article. We all can pick apart specific sentences in the article.

But the really important thing is to start thinking differently about databases. Do we really need a centralized system for "just in time" inventory? Car manufacturers have figured this out already.

Maybe the specifics of what was said in the article are off base.

But the ideas are interesting to me.