backup & recovery options

From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:44:21 +0100 (BST)

9.2.0.5 on AIX 5L (IBM p670 Servers)

Currently we are doing the following type of backup - incremental RMAN level 0, 1 & 2 backups on our 2TB datawarehouse database.

Recently one of the critical tables was dropped accidently. We have been able to recover the dropped table by doing a point-in-time recovery.

We cannot do full database exports as this would take to long in our backup window.

I know flashback table exists but only in 10g!

My question is how can we improve our backup method so that we are in a better position to handle such a scenerio.

What am looking for is how other people handle tables being accidently dropped in their database

TIA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 24 2005 - 09:48:13 CDT