Re: Managing developers recommendations

From: Richard Ji <richard.c.ji_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:05:41 -0400

Why does QA have access to your production DB? Our production DB is so tight, that only way to connect is from the application server or if you are login into the DB server which requires an account. No desktops or any other servers can connect to it. You have to think about security of such a lose access to DB servers, not to mention user errors and performance impacts.