Re: 10046 trace files profiler

From: Egor Starostin <egorst_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:40:22 +0700

> Google up "orasrp". Best freeware one I've found, although I think Python
> is a little slow on some platforms.

Indeed, orasrp may work faster on x86 platforms, than on RISC ones. It doesn't mean that python on RISC is slower; it means that, for additional speedup, orasrp uses "magic" module psyco which is available only for x86 platforms. With psyco orasrp may run almost two times faster. 'orasrp -v' shows whether psyco is used or not.

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/