RE: RTFM replies

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:08:56 -0500

For me as a newbie at one point in various lists, I've looked at the list's FAQ (among other places) before posting. Having been on this list for the past 4 list servers or so, I haven't bothered looking for one recently, but a quick search following the link at the bottom of every post didn't reveal one. Perhaps one could be added, if only as a pointer to orafaq.com or tahiti.oracle.com or something?

Also, despite the vast differences in the list members, I do think there is much to be said for posters, both newbie and guru alike, to follow resonable guidelines. Despite some of the negative connotations to it's intended audience ("Below-the-line" for those who have gone thru accountability training), I think
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html is an excellent resource for all posters of this and any other "professional" list.

My abbreviated $.02,
Rich