RE: using LDAP for tnsnames.ora repalcement

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:33:24 -0700

Adar, & Everyone:

It's all well and good to have the view that the Oracle products work, and you can just install them and it will work. However, I have management who says
(in effect) "Thou shalt have but one directory, and it shall be Active".

So I'm in the same boat as these other folks who are required or constrained by company policy and management to a single infrastructure. If we cannot work with that then we don't do it. Then, of course, they tell us to move towards Single-Sign-on.

The upshot of this is that I too am listening for another member of this list who has done this, or has tried and failed and here's what tripped them up, any sort of war story that could help me out.

I cannot believe that there are only three of us who have (or have had) this problem.

Anybody?

Cheers,
Mike

Michael P. Vergara                           Be good and you will be lonesome
Guidant Corporation                                                Mark Twain
Oracle Database Administrator
(951) 914-2000 (Voice)
(951) 914-2990 (FAX)

www.guidant.com

Any views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Guidant Corporation.