FW: PGA size discrepancy

From: Jože Senegačnik <Joze.Senegacnik_at_snt.si>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:43:52 +0200

You should look for pga/uga values at session level (v$sesstat), the values in v$systat for instance level are meaning less accodring to the documentation (see database statistics descriptions in E-14 Oracle Database Reference guide, Oracle10gR2).

Regards, Joze

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of DBA Deepak Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 8:38 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: PGA size discrepancy

Hi All,

I executed the following statements.

SQL> select * from v$version;

BANNER

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Prod PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
CORE 10.2.0.1.0 Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> select name,VALUE/(1024*1024) MB from v$sysstat   2 where name like '%pga%';

NAME                                                                     MB
---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
session pga memory                                               18184.7367
session pga memory max                                           19962.1279

SQL> sho parameter pga

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
pga_aggregate_target                 big integer 24M

One query:

> The session pga memory & session pga memory max values are looking unreal as we do not have this much amount of Physical memory. And the pga_aggregate_target is 24M only.

What might be the issue?

--
Regards,

Deepak