RE: Large data movement to new partitioned table

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:38:27 -0700

What's wrong with "create table as select..." or "create table ... / insert ... Select ..." ? Fastest, easiest way. Load with the nologging hint and the parallel option if applicable. Add indexes and constraints after the data has been moved.

PL/SQL loop is definitely a bad idea. First off, it will be a lot slower.