RE: hc_<sid>.dat

From: Nahata, Naveen (US - Hyderabad) <nnahata_at_deloitte.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:05:04 -0500

I think it is similar to lk<sid> file in UNIX.

This file is used to lock shared memory. The file should not be deleted while the instance is running.

Naveen

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of DBA Deepak Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:45 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: hc_<sid>.dat

Hi All,

In my 10g DB I found files named hc_<sid>.dat in <ORACLE_HOME>\database folder on my W2K box. When I opened the file through text editor it did seem like a binary file containing a line "DO NOT DELETE OR OVERWRITE THIS FILE!!!" in the begining.

Want to know what kind of file is this and what is it's use?

Any idea DBAs.......?

--
Regards,

Deepak
Oracle DBA

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]