Re: Modify Primary Key

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:22:00 +0100

> Hi,
> What are different steps to be followed in modifying a primary
> key(PK1) to exclude last primary key column from a list of primary key
> columns.
> assuming referential integrity constraints exists on primary key in diff
> tables.
> give necesary sql syntax to perform the tasks .

All the syntax required is found right here: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/toc.htm

FYI: It is generally assumed that the poster of a question will have done a fair amount
of research prior to asking a question requesting such a comprehensive answer.

I see that Norman took the trouble to answer this. These types of questions often
go unanswered if it appears that the poster did not try to answer the question on
his own before asking someone else to answer it.

BTW, this question is a perfect example of why surrogate keys should be used.
The PK should never be modified.

--
Jared Still