RE: Methods for testing RMAN backups?

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:59:30 +0100

I wrote a document which is available at www.hcresources.co.uk/misc.shtml which describes a valid test scenario

John

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Vanessa A. Simmons Sent: 13 October 2005 13:50
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Methods for testing RMAN backups?

I am getting ready to apply a patch to our databases and before doing so I need to test our RMAN backups to make sure I can get them all back in case there's a problem. Plus, it's just good practice to test the backups regularly anyway (BEFORE a disaster occurs). However, I haven't ever tested my backups before and want to see how others have done this.

Thanks in advance,

Vanessa