Re: Keep CBO plan stable(plan stability)

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:41:04 +0200 (CEST)

you might want to throw in a DYNAMIC_SAMPLING hint, at level 2, and see what happens with the execution plans and the parsing time. at least, you will not need to gather any statistics...

by the way, note that query transformations take place before the optimizer is called -- that is, query transformations happen regardless whether you run RBO or CBO. another possible reason why RBO plans change. Another well-known reason for different RBO plans is the order in which certain indexes are created.

cheers,

Lex.